On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Ron Beck wrote:

> No, it's not normal.  You managed to create your database with a space
> in front.  You'll probably have to delete and recreate the database.

This *is* normal. It's got nothing to do with the database :)

The behavior we see here is quite normal from what he's doing (although
it's clearly not what he wants to do).

this is the same thing as doing:
select 1+1;
which will give 2 as a result. instead of a numerical expression he's
doing a string.

Atle