Hi,
    We have installed Mysql on our server(UNIX) . When I am telnet into the
server and try to start Mysql by below procedure, I am getting problem.
Anyone can help me.

[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com] <matis>: {2} % cd mysql/bin
[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin] <matis>: {3} % ls
comp_err                        mysqladmin
isamchk                         mysqlbug
isamlog                         mysqldump
msql2mysql                      mysqlhotcopy
mysql                           mysqlimport
mysql_find_rows                 mysqlshow
mysql_fix_privilege_tables      perror
mysql_install_db                print_defaults
mysql_setpermission             replace
mysql_zap                       resolveip
mysqlaccess                     safe_mysqld
[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin] <matis>: {3} % ./mysql_install_db

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy support-files/mysql.server
to the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
This is done with:
/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-passwor
d'
See the manual for more instructions.

NOTE:  If you are upgrading from a MySQL <= 3.22.10 you should run
the /usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables. Otherwis
e you will not be
able to use the new GRANT command!

Please report any problems with the /usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin/mysq
lbug script!

The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at http://www.mysql.c
om
Support MySQL by buying support/licenses at http://www.tcx.se/license.htmy.

[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin] <matis>: {4} % ./safe_mysqld
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/v
ar
mysqld daemon ended
[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin] <matis>: {5} % ./safe_mysqld &
[1] 13065
[/usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/bin] <matis>: {6} % Starting mysqld daemon
with databases from /usr/home/tree/www/treebc.com/mysql/var
mysqld daemon ended

Regards,
Nirmala,
([EMAIL PROTECTED])