Von: root [mailto:root]Im Auftrag von Ben Kennish
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. März 2001 11:56
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: PHP and MySQL

Who would've thought it would take 3 days to install MySQL, PHP and get
them talking???!!

I've installed PHP 4.0.4pl1 using an RPM from www.redhat.com

I've also installed MySQL (latest ver) server and client versions from
www.mysql.com using RPMs.

Now MySQL seems to be up and working (using 'mysql' and 'mysqladmin'
gives me no trouble) and PHP seems to work fine <?php phpinfo(); ?>.

I've installed the PHP-MySQL module from redhat.com (a single file -
mysql.so) and uncommented the "extension=mysql.so" line in /etc/php.ini

But when I type ...

mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'b');

into a PHP file, (I set b as my root SQL pwd) I get the following
error...

"Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in
/var/www/html/index.php on line 5"

There seems to be nothing in the MySQL error log.

Please help!  Thanks,

--
Ben Kennish

Software Developer