On Wednesday 28 February 2001 22:04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hi folks, I'm having a hard time using bdb tables. Here are the
>details...
>
>I've create a few BDB tables, which are causing me great amounts
>of grief. The tables worked fine for a while, then suddenly
>started crashing mysqld. I decided to drop the offending
>database, and re-create it. No problem so far. Right after
>I run the offending queries (see below), mysqld dies. Any subsequent
>connection attempt to mysqld hangs, and the server is basically
>dead (requiring a killall -9 mysqld). There is a file called
>log.0000000001 that appeared, as well as an error message (see below).
>
>I can replicate this error quite easily, as it happens each time the
>query
>is run.
>

>CREATE TABLE tblCharge (
>  ChargeID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>  ServiceID int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
>  ChargeDate date DEFAULT '0000-00-00' NOT NULL,
>  ChargeAmount decimal(20,2) DEFAULT '0.00' NOT NULL,
>  FedTaxes decimal(20,2) DEFAULT '0.00' NOT NULL,
>  ProvTaxes decimal(20,2) DEFAULT '0.00' NOT NULL,
>  ChargeStatus enum('New','Auth','Unauth','Sale','Denied','Refund')
>DEFAULT 'New' NOT NULL,
>  ChargeAuthorizationMessage text,
>  ChargeComment text,
>  ChargeTimeStamp varchar(20),
>  PRIMARY KEY (ChargeID),
>  KEY ServiceID (ServiceID),
>  KEY ChargeDate (ChargeDate)
>) type=BDB;
>

>Query #1:
>BEGIN;
>INSERT INTO tblCharge
>VALUES(NULL,1,CURRENT_DATE(),1,1,1,'New',NULL,NULL,UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()));
>COMMIT;
>
>Query #2
>BEGIN;
>UPDATE tblCharge SET ChargeAuthorizationMessage = 'blablabla' WHERE
>ChargeID = 1;
>COMMIT;
>
>Query #3
>BEGIN;
>INSERT INTO tblCharge
>VALUES(NULL,1,CURRENT_DATE(),1,1,1,'New',NULL,NULL,UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW()));
>
><CRASH HERE>
>
>ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
>mysql> COMMIT;
>Number of processes running now: 0
>010228 13:59:40  mysqld restarted

Thanks for reporting the bug - I have been able to repeat it, and am now
trying to figure out what is happening. Unfortunately, Tim and Monty, who are
the ones working on BDB code are not going to be available for a couple of
days, and since I do not know that code as well, it would take me some time
to understand how things work ( which I need to do anyway, and now is a good
chance) before I can provide a fix.

Please note that our BDB tables have not yet received nearly as much of the
"baptism of fire" as MyISAM. We will however, fix all the reported bugs
promptly.

--
MySQL Development Team