Hey guys, I've got a question regarding a search engine I have to write....
Basically what I have is this.. This is for a web page BTW.

I have a table with a TEXT field in it. I'd like to take that field
and search for keywords... I've got a mySQL database and this is how I'm
doing it...

SELECT a FROM b,c WHERE(b.serializedarray LIKE CONCAT('%', c.keywords,'%'));

Where b is the table containing the serialized data and c is a single column
HEAP table with the list of keywords...

Now... My question is kind of two fold...

A) Is this the best way to do it? The query is much more complex (there are
5 separate 'lists' that I am comparing the text field to.

and - thiis is my real question

B) How do I show limited page results? I want to break up the results into
groups of 5 per page and have x pages (count % 5). My problem is that the
origional query gets lost once the page has returned the first set of
results and I have no real way of keeping them... There can be  too many to
append to the <A HREF> of the link to the next page and I don't want to use
form POSTS since I have to have buttons for all of them....

Any suggestions from a mysql point of view? This is using PHP BTW

John Coggeshall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Read my Biweekly Column on O'Reilly's ONLamp.com "PHP Foundations" and my
weekly Zend.com Code Gallery Column "In The Spotlight" Also be sure to visit
www.coggeshall.org!