From: Daren Cotter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 2 March 2001 4:33 p.m.
To: Quentin Bennett; 'Daren Cotter'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: more date problems

Ok, here goes...

mysql> select member_id, signup_date from members order by member_id desc
limit 410;
+-----------+-------------+
| member_id | signup_date |
+-----------+-------------+
(here's the last 20 or so rows)
|   0120472 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120471 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120470 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120469 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120468 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120467 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120466 | 2001-03-01  |
|   0120465 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120464 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120463 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120462 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120461 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120460 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120459 | 2001-02-28  |
|   0120458 | 2001-02-28  |
+-----------+-------------+

This tells me that there are about 400 people that have signed up TODAY. The
date is correct on the server:

mysql> select now();
+---------------------+
| now()               |
| 2001-03-01 19:33:05 |

So, the question is, why does this not return 400, like it should???

OK, weird! Now I am getting this error...

mysql> select count(*) from members where signup_date = '2001-03-01';
ERROR 1032: Can't find record in 'members'

I have checked the tables using the checking utility, they show up fine.
What's going on?  =)