In the last episode (Mar 03), ho-sang, yoon said:
> Hi, mysql users,
>
> I have a problem to upgrade mysql to a newer stable version. The
> problem is the database size. It's about 5.4GB.
>
> I have noticed that the database structure has been changed between
> 3.22 and 3.23. So, I have to dump the whole database(5.4GB) to
> upgrade. But, as you know, it is impossible with 'mysqldump', right?

You don't have to convert the database if you don't want to; 3.23
supports both ISAM and MYISAM table formats just fine.  When you're
ready, you can convert tables from within mysql: "alter table mytable
TYPE=MYISAM".  There's a perl script called mysql_convert_table_format
that automates the conversion of entire databases.

BTW - mysqldump shouldn't have any problem dumping a 5.4GB database;
just make sure you use the -q option.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]