Hi,

A few days ago, I asked the list about a SELECT statement. I received 2
replies that didn't really work but helped me think about the problem some
more. In my database I have 4 tables. For this one query, I am matching up
data from 3 of these tables and then displaying them on a website.

Here is the query:

SELECT request.id, request.date, request.type, request.status,
faculty.f_name, faculty.l_name, action.id, faculty.id FROM faculty, request
LEFT JOIN action ON request.id=action.request_id WHERE
request.requested_by=faculty.id;

and here is the output created by a php script with data from the above query:

http://www.geology.ohio-state.edu/test/rfatest/rfadisplay.php

I know it looks ok, but I am not quite sure the SELECT statement is doing
what I want it to. I want the query to match up all the requests(request)
with the person who requested them(faculty) and then match up all the
requests to any actions that our staff might have performed on them
(action). However, if no actions were performed yet, I still need those
requests displayed. So basically I am matching up one table with two other
tables.

So if any one can examine the above SELECT statement, and let me know if it
does/doesn't look ok, then that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris