Hi,

it would be nice to have a replicate-ignore-table for the Master also!

It works fine, but if one has to replicate only certain tables of a db
it would be good to have this.

It is not enough to have this on slave only, because we do not want to
send the data of whole databases across the network for security
reasons!

If you follow this thought you might get the idea that it would be in
general useful to set up as many binlogs as one needs!

We are doing "manual" replication using update-log this way:
Read update-log -> extract only needed data -> send data to second
server. Of course this would not work with binlog, because we do not
know how to extract the lines we want from binlog.

Is there a closer documentation of the binlog-format?

What do you think about?

Please ask if it something was not clear.

Thanks for your attention.

Have a nice thread,
Peter