To all adventure motorcyclists
First I know that a lot of you didn't request information from me and if
you would prefer not to hear from me again please reply to this mail with
unsubscribe in the subject field and you will be removed from this list.
For those of you who are interested in taking part in a fantastic
competition or a motorcycle expedition read on.

Raid de Himalaya is a unique event. Organized by The Himalayan Motor sport
Association the  "Raid" was first run in 1999. This is a world-class
international competition run in the "raid format", providing competitors
with the opportunity of taking part in the longest, toughest and biggest
motor sport event in India.
The term international describes the status that the event enjoys with the
FIA FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE L'AUTOMOBILE and FIM on their calendar. It
means the event has to have a very high level of safety and organisation
and also expects people not only from the state or country to take part but
also from all over the world. Eventually the raid will become a round of
the World Rally / Off Road Rallying Championship.
This event has full government of India support. The FMSCI (The Federation
of Motor Sports Clubs in India) is the body sanctioned to grant permits for
events on behalf of the FIM in India for motorcycle events and the MAI
(Motor sport Association of India) will provide the permits on behalf of the
FIA for the car events.

The event this year will be the 3rd running of Raid de Himalaya. The raid
takes place in the North Indian state Himachal Pradesh and is open to both 4
wheeled vehicles and motorcycles. The coarse uses the highest motorable road
in the world at 5500m as one of the competitive stages as well as the other
parts of the Tibetan plateau.

There are several different classes, which can be entered with motorcycles.
Group A/B: Indian and Non-Indian machines modified up to 750cc
Group C: Indian machines modified with Indian components
Group D: Standard Indian machine.
Initially we can provide a standard Enfield 500cc machine and also
supply parts to modify it if required. All bikes provided will be
prepared and maintained by us before each stage.

The second event Thunder in the mountains is a high altitude expedition
into the upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh in North India. Get ready for 12
days of biking adventure up high on the Tibetan Plateau.
Any one interested in taking part or sponsoring the event please have a look
at the web site www.event-horizon.org/tour/index.htm
Or contact John-Mark James by email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone +44 (0) 20 8891 6680
       +44 (0) 7976 150773

Thank you for your time reading this I hope that we will have a chance to
talk more on the subject in the future.
Regards
John-Mark