Hello All,

I've created a table(using MySQL 3.23.33), using default values:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS referral;
CREATE TABLE referral (
 refer_id int(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '100' NOT NULL,
 refer_fname varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
 refer_lname varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
 refer_email varchar(40) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
 UNIQUE INDEX idx_refid (refer_id)
) TYPE=MYISAM;

It creates the table, no problems. But for some reason, if the refer_id is left
blank during an INSERT, it defaults to "0" and not 100 ?? is this because of the
UNIQUE INDEX on this column?? If your wonder, the refer_id is assigned a random
5 digit number within the Perl program. I was just testing to see if it would
assign the default value if no value was assigned during an insert.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Mickalo

Thanks,
Mike(mickalo)Blezien