If I INSERT DELAYED into a table with an auto_increment column and specify a
value of NULL for that column, the query fails. This is to be expected.
After this failure however, normal INSERT queries start piling up in the
'Locked' state and remain there indefinitely. The only way to get things
back to normal is to use kill -9 on the mysqld process that is hanging. Is
there something wrong with my installation? I appear to be using
glibc-2.1.3-15 and I am using the pre-built MySQL RPMs.

This same problem was reported on the mailing list over a year ago:
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:msn:20927:cedcofcbgbbfjpmfodlb

Also, when searching the mailing list, is there a way to order the results
by date? It is difficult to find the most recent discussions about a topic
otherwise.

Thanks!
Lance