Hi,

We have apache 1.3.19, PHP4.0.2 and mysql installed in
our redhat linux 6.2 system. For some reasons, we got
error message " denied for user: nobody@localhost
(Password :YES)". Database in my local machine.

Code: mysql_pconnect("$localhost","$username",
"$password") or die ("couldnt connect database");

mysql, php and apache all are located in directory
/usr/local/.

I dont know why we got the "nobody@localhost"? In
httpd.conf of apache, group and user is nobody, do you
think we need to change them, if so, what we should
do? by the way, mysql was installed by standard way.

This is errors caused by mysql or php configuration or
apache configuration? or mysql database user set up?

thanks,
Hui