Hello all,

I'm not quite sure how to work this out. I have two columns in a table that
hold a week number (i.e. 1, 9, 52, etc.) and a year value (i.e. 2000, 2001,
etc.). I need to get a date value for the first day of each week and it's
associated year. For example, given week 8 in the year 2001, I need to get
'2001-02-25'.

There doesn't appear to be a MySQL function to accomplish this. I find it
strange that a function can be provided to convert to weeks (or weeks and
year) and not the other way round.

I'd like to suggest that maybe this is something that could be worked on for
forthcoming revisions of MySQL - making sure that all currently present
date/time functions have an equal function for converting back to a date or
time data type.

Regards,