Hi,

I am trying to create a bi-directional view to a MYSQL database using an
existing MS SQL Server database. I have MySQL set-up as a linked server and
am using MyODBC.

I have no problems creating a read only view using the open query structure
but wish to use the four part names format for greater flexibility. Can you
tell me if MYSQL supports this four part names structure and, if so, what
the structure is.

I am expecting a structure as follows
        linkedserver..dbname.dbobjectname

to allow the following in SQL Server

        select * from linkedserver..dbname.dbobjectname
or
        update linkedserver..dbname.dbobjectname set etc etc

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards

Andy Tripp
Andrew Tripp