Most of the times I have seen signal 11 in the past, it turned out to be bad
memory.  Once I saw it with a bad motherboard.  Another time, it was a bad
stick of RAM.  The bad stick was a really hard one to track down as you
needed to have something really finicky get put at that address before it
would show up.  The motherboard problem was diagnosed after I turned off the
L2 cache (old motherboard) and everything worked, a little slower.

Can you run this on a different machine that is otherwise similarly
configured?

>From the stack dump, it kind of looks like it died in llseek.  MySQL does a
lot of stuff with 64-bit integers and uses some of the "special" transitional
APIs on Linux (I assume BSD too, but I don't know for sure) to handle files.
llseek sounds like it could be one of those (though I would expect lseek64
instead).

If you are using Linux with a 2.2.x kernel and you are running the LFS
patches, go to http://www.scyld.com and look at the patches for Glibc they
have there.  It turns out that older versions of Glibc have what appear to be
fully compliant transitional interfaces for the file functions, but actually
drop the upper 32 bits on the floor :-(

If you are running BSD, you might have the same problems.  Again, I am not
very knowlegable about BSD.

Best,
Kyle

--
Kyle Hayes
Quicknet Technologies              t: +1 415 864 5225

"HEAR THE DIFFERENCE" with a live MICROTELCO demo at:
Computer Telephony EXPO, Mar 6-8, Los Angeles, CA

MicroTelco is a revolutionary service that brings multiple Internet
Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs) together in a convenient,
simple to use account center for greater reliability and flexibility.
For more information visit: http://www.microtelco.com.