Please provide guidance!

I've been looking over the documentation, but haven't come across any
instructions for creating your own binary distribution.  The MySQL source
distribution is installed and running on our development system.  Now I want
to make it into a binary distribution for installation on our production
servers...

MySQL 3.22.30 on a DEC alpha running tru64 unix 4.0d. patch kit 6

we're using version 3.22.30, as that's the version running on our other DEC
alpha's  v4.0f

The source installation worked with the following:
(for those of you who asked for pointers if I got it up)

#CC="cc -pthread"
# CFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -ansi_args -fast -inline speed -speculate all
-arch ho
st"
# CXX="cxx -oldcxx -pthread"
# CXXFLAGS="-O4 -ansi_alias -ansi_args -fast -inline speed -speculate all
-arch
host"
# export CC CFLAGS CXX CXXFLAGS
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-large-files
--with-mysqld-ldfla
gs=-all-static --disable-shared --with-named-thread-libs="-lpthread -lmach
-lexc
 -lc"

Are there arguments needed by the make_binary_distribution?  So far I'm
packing up empty directories...

This MySQL newcomer appreciates any and all assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Renee