Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Installation MySQL version 3.23.22-beta.

I am awfully sorry to bother you with some basics.  I am a novice.  I am trying to use
the above on my PC which is running on Windows 98.  In WinMySQLAdmin, my.ini set up
appears complete.  I have looked at the starting tutorial in the manual which I
downloaded along with the above but I do not find your instructions very helpful.
(shell> suggests you have written the manual for Unix users?) Will I be able to enjoy
the benefit of this software in my current Windows environment?  Is it necessary for
me to run my PC either on Windows NT or Windows 2000 to have the full benefit of your
SQL software?

Your kind reply, however brief, would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas Morton
Flat 18
9 Chenies Street