"P.Peti" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanx for the answers, I think I've got the point now. I
> have one more doubt though. You described me that this
> whole thing with the comparison not working with NULL
> values is obvious. Why did it work in 3.22.25 then?
>
> Thank you for the answers so far.
>
> Bye:
>           PP.

Comparisons do work. You just have to do the correct comparison
for the field in question. If the field is not defined as NOT NULL,
then YOU have to  make sure your queries account for NULL.
NULL is not the same as "", the zero length string.
If in 3.22.25 the field was defined as NOT NULL, then no NULLs would
have been inserted, and any inserts that skipped that field would
have inserted the default value, or "".
If you now do not specify NOT NULL when defineing a field, skipped
fields will get the DEFAULT value, or NULL if none was defined.
They will not get "".