I'm using 3.23.26-beta on FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE.  I'm getting corruption in
the dump files in the form of "^A"'s showing up in strange places (they
mostly appear in table definitions, but also in the data that is close to
these definitions).  The dump file cannot be used to restore if they are not
removed before hand.  Has anyone experienced this?  What can I do to remove
these characters from the file? (they are control-a's not "hat" + a)

Thanks,
Pat Wendorf