Dear gentleman,

I am running mysql over FreeBSD and when i issue a "show logs" query to
mysql, my connection is droped (cause the process is killed).

Take a closer look:

mysql> show logs;
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
mysql> select user();
ERROR 2006: MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:    1
Current database: mysql

+----------------+
| user()         |
+----------------+
| root@localhost |
+----------------+
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

mysql>

I realized (using top) that my mysql daemon died and another instance of
the process began execution. These are what i got from etosha.log:

/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: pronto para conexoes
mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that
may
help in finding out why mysqld died
010313 17:56:05  mysqld restarted
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: pronto para conexoes

My some tell me if 3.23.33-log is a stable version of mysql?
Have anyone else faced such errors ? What is the reason?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.