On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:02:51 -0500
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just upgraded from Mysql 3.23.28 to 3.23.34 and I'm now seeing mysql
> errors from my scripts that say "mysqld has gone away".  The
> /var/lib/mysql/host.err log says this repeatedly:

same here.

Compiling with Innobase, and doing "mysqladmin variables" command
always leads to mysql crashing & restarting.

% configure --with-charsets-extra=complex --with-charsets=ujis \
 --with-innobase
% make
% make install

% cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
innobase_data_file_path = ibdata1:25M;ibdata2:37M;ibdata3:100M;ibdata4:300M

% mysqladmin version
mysqladmin  Ver 8.18 Distrib 3.23.34a, for unknown-freebsdelf4.1 on i386
Copyright (C) 2000 MySQL AB & MySQL Finland AB & TCX DataKonsult AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Server version          3.23.34a
Protocol version        10
Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
UNIX socket             /tmp/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 8 min 7 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 27  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 12  Flush tables: 1  Open table
s: 6 Queries per second avg: 0.055

%  mysqladmin variables
mysqladmin: unable to show variables; error: 'Lost connection to MySQL server duri
ng query'
010314 14:41:00  mysqld restarted

% cd /usr/local/var
% tail -18 **myhost**.err
010314 14:32:35  mysqld restarted
Innobase: Database was not shut down normally.
Innobase: Starting recovery from log files...
Innobase: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
Innobase: log sequence number 0 33386
Innobase: Started
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died.
010314 14:41:00  mysqld restarted
Innobase: Database was not shut down normally.
Innobase: Starting recovery from log files...
Innobase: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
Innobase: log sequence number 0 33713

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa           Livin' On The EDGE, Co.,Ltd.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.edge.co.jp/