In section 12.2.2.1 of the manual it states that MySQL will
allow one to move a table and symbolically link it. Then MySQL
uses realpath() to find the absolute path.

I have done this and all is fine until someone does a DELETE FROM
or a ALTER TABLE . When these are done the symbolic links are
removed and the tables is recreated in the original database
directory. I believe this is because MySQL does a rm on the link.

This behavior seems contrary to the use of realpath. Anyone have
any idea how to move tables and use links without the above problems ?

Thanks.

David C. Patton
Senior System Administrator
Knowledge Management Objects, L.L.C.