Hello all,

I've run into a minor problem with my schema/mysql. I have a table with 64
columns (varying data-types) and about 7 indexes (some multi-column indexes)
containing roughly 19 million records. Were running Solaris 2.8 on Sparc
with mysql 3.23.33 with raid-tables and large files compiled in with gcc
2.95.2. In my development, I have roughly 30 MyISAM tables that are
identical in columns/indexes to this particular table, the only difference
is the number of records in this table (this table has the most records)

My problem, is that when I go to do an update statement to the table, I get
an error message back from the Perl DBI saying that "The table BLABLABLA is
full". I have this table set up with raid-0, across 8 slices, each slice
with a max size of 2 gigs. (in theory the max size of the table would be 16
gigs). After looking at the actual table slices in the mysql data directory,
the sum of the slices only takes up about 4.5 gigs while, the index file is
about 1.5 gigs and only in 1 file. There is plenty of memory on the machine,
currently mysql has malloc'ed about 4 gigs.

In my code, I've tried putting in "SET SQL_BIG_TABLES=1;", however I still
get the same error.

What kinds of things cause "Table Full" errors? I've looked through the
mysql documentation, however I haven't been able to find a fix that works.

Any suggestions, ideas etc?

Thanks

Dave
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Some other info about how mysql is setup:
Tmp_table_size=1gig
Record buffer = 512M
Table cache = 1gig
Key_buffer = 1gig
(I've been playing around with these settings so I know they are not
optimal)

Another question, off this subject. The most memory I've seen mysql use is 4
gigs. Is it possible for it to use more? Do I need to compile it with a
different memory model? If so, what kind of model and where can I find out
more about it.