Hi!

Peter> Hello Heikki,
Peter>   Finally I was able to check the innobase tables included into mysql
Peter>   3.23.34. Well first several times I was quite happy about them, but
Peter>   later understud that this is because option  --create-options is
Peter>   broken :)

Peter>   So now I must say On my system innobase seems to work as bad as it
Peter>   worked before :(

Peter>   - ATIS test fails.

<cut>

This is strange.  I have run all benchmark tests with Innobase without
any problems.

How did you compile MySQL and Innobase ?
Can you send us the output from mysqlbug ?

Peter>   - mysqld is restarted during alter table test and one more time
Peter>   during the tests:

Peter> Innobase: Started
Peter> /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
Peter> Innobase: Warning: out of memory in additional memory pool.
Peter> Innobase: Innobase will start allocating memory from the OS.
Peter> Innobase: You should restart the database with a bigger value in
Peter> Innobase: the MySQL .cnf file for innobase_additional_mem_pool_size.
Peter> 010314 19:00:00  Warning: Checking table:   './oldgoodcounter/stop_recs'
Peter> 010314 19:00:01  Warning: Checking table:   './oldgoodcounter/registrants_stats'

<cut>

Peter>  - It seems like error message for error 139 should be changed because
Peter>  it says about 16M there innobase and gemini has their own limits
Peter>  about it.
Peter>  139 = Too big row (>= 16 M)

I shall fix that.

Peter> Now few words about reasons why this may happen (I'll try to check
Peter> them out soon)

Peter> 1) I'm using 2.4.2 kernel,SMP - so there may be some incompatibilities.
Peter> 2) I'm usung patched for 2GB limit GLIBC
Peter> 3) I'm using ReiserFS file system.
Peter> 4) The parameters I'm using. (Like bdb does not work with big
Peter> tablecache)

It could be the parameters;  I don't know about that.

What startup parameters are you using?

Peter> Anyway MYSQL with MYISAM works with no problem on this system, and I
Peter> use the same system for production on 20 machines so this looks for me
Peter> more like incomportability problem.

Regards,
Monty