I see.  I added the timestamp field (I never knew there was a field type
of timestamp), relinked the table in Access 2000 and the darn thing
actually worked!  Did this just become a requirement in MySQL 3.23?  As I
mentioned in a previous post, the timestamp field was not required when I
was working with Access 97 and MySQL 3.22, and everything worked fine
with that combination.  Well, whatever works.

Christopher Lewis

The "trick" is that while an autoincrement field is a nice thing to have
as
a primary key, is to put a timestamp field   in each MySQL table (in
addition to the primary key).