Is like that much faster than =?  If so, this would be a good thing to know.  I'm
assuming that not putting a % either before or after the variable would make it the
equivilent of an =.

Can you possibly point me somewhere that explains this a bit or possibly gives some
kind of benchmarks?

Thanks for the info, always good to learn new ideas!
--James