I've tried to escape it and also to `bakctick` it - neither seems to work.

ex1- backticks:
mysql> select * from temp01 where `Post#` = 9019;
    ->
---------
It does not compute as finnished and prompts for more, when I finish
manually it says:
    -> ;
ERROR 1054: Unknown column 'Post' in 'where clause'
---------

ex2 - escaped:
mysql> select * from temp01 where Post\# = 9019;
ERROR 1054: Unknown column 'Post' in 'where clause'

- I don't know what to do! I'm wondering if it might have something to do
with the characterset? I'm using latin1. The last thing I wanna do is rename
all the columns.

MYSQL Server Info:
mysql> status
--------------
mysql  Ver 11.12 Distrib 3.23.33, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

Connection id:          131
Current database:       tkk
Current user:           root@localhost
Current pager:          = 9019;
Using outfile:          ''
Server version:         3.23.33
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Client characterset:    latin1
Server characterset:    latin1
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 1 day 17 hours 47 sec

Threads: 19  Questions: 2457  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 30  Flush tables: 1
Open tables: 19 Queries per second avg: 0.017