Hi,

This maybe a recurring question, but can MySQL be configured to work as a
distributed database? As a distributed database, I mean having the database
spanning several servers. For example:

Server 1 has 30 gb of free disk
Server 2 has 50 gb of free disk
Server 3 has 90 gb of free disk

My database will be 140Gb, and has to be spanned over Server1, server2 and
server3.

Preferably, I would like to use Windows NT Server / 2000 Advanced Server, as
we do not have the time to learn Linux at this time (and the company in
question does not believe in free software, but that will change :) - a
Linux or FreeBSD solution could be envisaged if needed - Would the
installation of the database on an NFS volume be a solution? I no very
little about NFS but it sounds interesting.

Any and all input welcome!

Cordially,

Daniel Page