Hi all,

I use Mysql to store session's information.
My problematic is to be very performant...
So, I'm thinking about solutions to make the accesses faster.
I would like to try to cache my database ("load it in memory").

I found some interesting information in the documentation :
 - HEAP table allows to cache data in memory
 - INNOBASE seams to permit to cache data too.

I read that "HEAP tables use a hashed index and are stored in memory. This
makes them very fast, but if MySQL crashes you will lose all data stored in
them. HEAP is very useful for temporary tables!".
INNOBASE table seems to be safer.

Does this table type permit to load data in memory ?
What type should i better use ?
Is it recommanded to compile MySQL with the two table types (in ordrer to be
very performant ?)
Could someone give me a little more details ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

--
Pascal Thivent