Steven Glogger wrote:

> hi van
>
> thank you for responding.
> but i have gcc-2.95.2-149 installed (a suse 7.1 version). so i think this
> isn't the problem...
> i tried several other things:
>         i changed to other auth_mysql modules for apache:       didn't help
>         i used apache 1.3.17: didn't help
>         i tried it first with php 4.0.4pl1: didn't help (by the way: is there any
> way to get the zend optimizer for php 4.0.5pl1?)
>
> so, any new idea?
>
> steven

Steven:

I'm still getting the same on my production server, but, the queries and updates
are still working.

It isn't your applications, it's your db.  Don't work with the Apache/auth_mysql
modules. They're not the problem.

Curious...  That's a pretty long stretch from 3.22.32 to 3.23.35.

Did you shutdown the dbases and do an isamchk /path-to-mysql-dbs/*/*ISD or
myisamchk /path-to-mysql-dbs/*/*MYI ?

MyISAM's better.  Good options when making such an upgrade are:
{My db's are on their own partition /mysql}
myisamchk -o /mysql/*/*MYI
myisamchk -evi /mysql/*/*MYI

Anyone else want to chime in, go for it.

Might help.

Best Regards,
Van