If I run the following query , mysql server process hangs forever and
it shows the "Sending data" status.

      select Count(*) from
Registration,Candidates,CompanyJobs,Resumes,CandQual
      where
      CompanyJobs.qualcode=Candidates.qualcode
      or CompanyJobs.qualcode=CandQual.qualcode

Below the explain:

      EXPLAIN
      select Count(*) from
Registration,Candidates,CompanyJobs,Resumes,CandQual
      where
      CompanyJobs.qualcode=Candidates.qualcode
      or CompanyJobs.qualcode=CandQual.qualcode LIMIT 0, 30

table           type    possible_keys key     key_len ref rows Extra
Registration    index                   RIMARY  8         5056  Using index
Resumes         index                   SpCode  2         5087  Using index
CompanyJobs     ALL     Qualcode                268
Candidates      ALL     QualCode                4718
CandQual        ALL     Qualcode                9027            where used

Server version          3.23.33-log

My talbes having  indexed on "Qualcode" but EXPLAIN shows that it is not
using the same.

I can run the query
      select Count(*) from
Registration,Candidates,CompanyJobs,Resumes,CandQual
without where clause.

Please suggest me the solution,  I have enogh free disk and RAM.

Please reply me on my ID, I have not subscribed to the list.

Thanks

-Surat Singh Bhati