Hi John,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:51:10AM +1000, John Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This question may have been asked before, but i could not find it in the
> archives, so i was wondering if someone could help me out.
>
> Say i had the following table:
>

> +----+----------------------------+-------------+
> | id | address                    | domainalias |
> +----+----------------------------+-------------+
> |  2 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | fred        |
> |  3 | [EMAIL PROTECTED]     | bill        |
> +----+----------------------------+-------------+
>

> Now say i had over 200 entrys in that table, but all i wanted to see was
> just "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" but i did not know what "id" it was, is there a
> way i can "search" the table, and only show the relevent information that
> i need?

If you do know the id, you would use:

SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE id = 1

Now you know the address, so you do:

SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE address = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Is this really what you're asking? If so, you might want to read some
basic SQL stuff.

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XO Communications B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Televisieweg 2