Dear,

I use MySQL 3.23.30-gamma for unknown-freebsdelf4.2 (i386)
and found some problem when I try to use SELECT for Thai
text. Ok... I try to use this query...

SELECT Nickname FROM resume WHERE Nickname='ÀÕÁÐ';

ÀÕÁÐ = ASCII #192 #213 #193 #208

but I get the result 'ÀÕÃÐ' instead.

ÀÕÃÐ = ASCII #192 #213 #195 #208

The third character is mismatch. And when I try other query.

SELECT Nickname FROM resume WHERE Nickname like 'ÀÕÁ%';

ÀÕÁ = ASCII #192 #213 #193

The result has many variant such as...

ÂÔÁ = ASCII #194 #212 #193
ÂÒÂ = ASCII #194 #210 #194
ÁÒÂ = ASCII #193 #210 #194
ÁÒÃ = ASCII #193 #210 #195

I can notice that the ASCII #192-#195 will be grouped,
and #210-#213 will be grouped too. So, if I select for
#192 #210 #192, it can query many results.

#192 #210 #192
#192 #210 #193
#192 #210 #194
#192 #210 #195
#192 #211 #192
#192 #211 #193
#193 #212 #192

Then I try to...

SELECT Nickname FROM resume WHERE Nickname = BINARY 'ÀÕÁÐ';
(same as first select but add BINARY)

It's correct. I don't get any result. But if I try this
with English text.

SELECT Nickname FROM resume WHERE Nickname = BINARY 'apisilp';

I don't get any result because in database contains 'Apisilp'
not 'apisilp'. That's non-sense. I should get case insensitive
result in English text and case sensitive (all characters match)
in Thai text. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help,
Apisilp.