Hi
Asaf Maruf Ali wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am interested to know the structure of MySQL. My ref book "MySQL and mSQL" by
>O'Reilly states that for a table named book under a database Test following is the
>structure:

Unfortunately the information in this book is so what out of date. May I
suggest that you take a look at the Books page on the MySQL Web for more
upto date books

> book.ISM
> book.ISD and
> book. frm

This is the old file structure i.e. pre-version 3.23.x

> On my system MySQL 3.23.27 beta the structure is different.
>
> book.MYI
> book.MYD
> book.frm
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
> Suggestions on backing up the MySQL db as well.

The lastest version of MySQL V3.23.35 includes replication and you will
find several utilities which deal specifically with backing up MySQL
databases on the downloads/contributions page on the MySQL Web Site

> Anyone has experience of hosting MySQL/PHP ? Any recommended server/host/company?

We do not actually recommend hosting services our selves. I believe you
can find this information on the PHP web site

--
Regards
John

MySQL Development Team
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   John Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\____/ Mansfield, England, UK
       <___/