I've been looking into the help files provided for this command, and
couldn't see a reference to the thing I'm wanting to do (so I've assumed it
can't be done). BUT, just wanted confirmation in case there's a way to do
this:

I'm expecting to get a CSV file soon that I need to import into my mySQL
database. Trouble is, the CSV file includes lots of columns that I don't
need, and some that I need in separate tables. I saw in the TODO list that
you will be offering the ability to choose which columns get included, but
can you do a join function on the LOAD DATA INFILE?

If not, would the only option be to generate new files (using FSO on NT)
that are stripped down versions of the source file specific to each table?
And then, to do the LOAD DATA multiple times with the new files?

Hope this isn't the only option, as I don't want to have to script that as
well!

Thanks for your help,

Daniel Newman.
Bis-Web Ltd.