Hi there
I'm sure that the solution to my problem will be easy but can you help. The
following is a copy of my dos window having tried all of the ways to get
mysqld to start running in the background. What am I doing wrong. I am using
windows ME. Could this be the problem?
Bad command or file name

C:\WINDOWS>cd c:\mysql\bin

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --standalone
Bad command or file name

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --debug
Bad command or file name

C:\mysql\bin> --debug
Bad command or file name

C:\mysql\bin>

C:\mysql\bin>
C:\mysql\bin>C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin -u root shutdown
C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLA~1.EXE: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)'
Check that mysqld is running on localhost and that the port is 3306.
You can check this by doing 'telnet localhost 3306'

C:\mysql\bin>telnet localhost 3306

No local host found!!
Thanking you in anticipation
Kevin