Cal,

>> <satire 1>
>> I would love to see this list split into 2 lists. MySQL-Newbies and
>> MySQL-non-newbies. Non-newbies would be either an invitation-only list or
>> you have to pass a test to get in. (The test would contain questions that
>> are all in the manual, we don't care if you know, we care if you will
bother
>> to look-up!)
>> </satire 1>
>>
>> <satire 2>
>> One of the requirements of being on MySQL-non-newbies, other than the
RTFM
>> thing, would be that you have to help at least 1 newbie a day.  If you go
5
>> days without getting a gold star from a newbie then you get kicked form
the
>> non-newbies club.
>> </satire 2>
>>
>> Ok, so I'm being silly.

Oh really?

Which part?  <satire 1> or <satire 2>?  When I was learning ASP, Charles
Carroll
runs a message list similar to this one but categorized by certain groups.

ASPFreeForAll - Post anything here...
ASPNotNewbie  - People who ask newbie questions on this list get *slammed*
as they
                    should.

I'd like to see something similar here.  Any other thoughts???