On 26 Mar 2001, at 17:54, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> I would give you root access to your database, but not to Mysql as a
> whole unless you want a dedicated server.  Too dangerous.

I have used iserver.com for about the last 4 years. I can start
mysql,create databases etc. .... I find the entire setup at
iserver.com to be about as close to getting your own box as you
can without paying for your own box. There are limitations (no
imagemagick for instance) but we have about 90% of our websites
there (only a few with their own box).

http://www.iserver.com/support/virtual/mysql/install.html

Peter