Please include the original message so that others may know what the
original problem was.

> Surely you jest.

No, I'm not.  Please read the fine manual.

> Start it (MySQL) from DOS?

There is still a lot of decent DOS software still floating about and some
are faster than their Windoze counter parts.  You could say MySQL is such an
example if you're using a GUI tool.

> Which file name do I type into the DOS box command line to start it.

Please RTFM.

> I have not yet installed any of the GUI's I heard about because until I
> overcame the MyODBC problem I wasn't sure I would get it installed.
>
> Can I assume one of the GUI's will start it from inside windows?

It should but I've never tried.

Cheers

Rolf,

Your mouse has moved.

Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect.

Reboot now?  [OK]