Hi,

WHAT DO I WANT TO DO:

I want to have the binary value of a part of a decimal value.

1)I have a decimal value  in column called intag : 262204

2)From this value I'am only interested in the last two bits of the HEX value of
   this decimal
        HEX value = 4003C
        My interest 3C
        part of used SQL query: substring(HEX(intag), (length(HEX(intag))-1), 2)

3)For the last two bits(3C) I like to have the binary value
        HEX value = 3C
        Binary = 111100
        Final SQL query: BIN(substring(HEX(intag), (length(HEX(intag))-1), 2))

PROBLEM
When running the last query, the returned value is 11 instead of 111100.
Probably it has something to do with the fact that I requested a substring of
length 2. What do I need to do to get the complete binary value?

If one you SQL geniuses knows this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

FS