>Hi everybody. I got a complexe question well according to me. I am
>working with PHP and i am making some queries to some database. here
>is a description of the tables.
>
>       provider book video music
>       provider_id title title title
>       name provider_id provider_id provider_id
>

>I need to select all the title from book, video, music that matches
>a provider name and not a provider id.
>
>I know i can make 2 queries to do it but i am shure i can do a
>complexe join somewhere that would allow me only to connect once. I
>want to do it this one because to connect twince to a db could slow
>down the performance.
>
>This problem goes beyound my knowledge of MySQL a bit of help would
>be appreciated :-)
>
>Thanks
>

>Yann Larrivée
>www.ProtonicDesign.Com

Sir, I doubt that you have a table with three columns with the same
name. If I am wrong, then your copy is MySQL is broken.

If your table structure is what I think it is (It's impossible to be
sure from your description), it's going to cause you a lot of
problems. Get a book on relational database design and learn to
normalize tables. In the interim, if you post a description of what
you are trying to do, there are a number of active contributors here
who can make suggestions for a schema.

Bob Hall

Know thyself? Absurd direction!
Bubbles bear no introspection.     -Khushhal Khan Khatak