Hi Neil

Do you have an entry in your mysql.host table for this host
(neil.qedi.co.za) ? You will not even be allowed to connect to your
server if there is not either this host or a wild card host similar to
it in the hosts table of the mysql database. If you modify the hosts
table remember to execute the flush privileges command on the server
so it takes effect.

Hope you have some joy.

Cheers
James

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I have set up a mySQL server on a Windows NT Server and use the mySQL Gui
> client on a Window 98 workstation to connect to the server. But the client
> reports that Access is denied for user [EMAIL PROTECTED] (my
> workstations DNS on the network). I am using the right password. Is there
> something I'm doing wrong? Hope you can help....
>
> Neil Craig
> Technical Support Consultant
> QEDI (Pty) Ltd
> Tel: (011) 266 6947
> Fax: (011) 266 5080
> Cell: 083 601 4686
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

James Thorpe
CCWR User Consultant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: +27 33 2605174
http://www.ccwr.ac.za/ccwr/users/thorpe

Mother told me to be good, but she's been wrong before.