Doesn't MySQL on NT support networking? You should be able to install the
mysql client on the workstation and give it the IP address, port number and
database name on the server to connect. You don't have to install telnet.

I don't use NT, so if there really is some reason MySQL on NT won't work
through a TCP port, I would love to know (and add it to the list of reasons
I run my dbs on linux or BSD) ;)