I've had MySQL running on a 12 CPU 16 GB machine running Tru64. Runs OK.
I normally run it on a 4 CPU 4 GB machine and another one with 3 CPUs and
only 512 MB. Both Tru64 Alpha.
In recent (3.23) versions there are some my.cnf parameters related to SMP
machines. You might want to take a look at them :

set-variable    = thread_cache=8
set-variable    = thread_concurrency=8  # Try number of CPU's*2

The only problem I have is that there appears to be a problem with memory
allocation when running MySQL on Tru64. I haven't found out exactly what the
problem is, but the result is a crashed MySQL with a "Out of memory" error.
Which is rather misleading since there is plenty of free memory and no
ulimit or any other limiting kernel parameters.

l8r/Jspr