> Has anyone seen any tool that would connect to
> a Progress DB and dump out a .sql (DB structure & data)
> so I can then load it into MySQL.

I know very little about Progress, but...
I have managed to get PHP http://www.php.net talking to both MySQL and Progress 8.3
using the openlink drivers
http://www.openlinksw.com
Using the functions from within php you can extract information about tables and then
build create statements and then transfer the
data.
It works very well.

You could also write some kind of script that would convert a progress .df file into
true SQL TABLE statements.

> Also, another thing I want to achive is to be able to run
> Progress 4GL code against MySQL DB.
> Has anyone heard anything about this before?

Pass.  Although Progress do have a product that talks to ODBC data source (which would
include MySQL).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Grant Walters
Brainbench 'Most Valuable Professional' for Unix Admin
Walters & Associates, P O Box 13-043 Johnsonville, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
Telephone: +64 4 4765175, CellPhone 025488265, ICQ# 23511989