Greetings,

I am upgrading my mysql from 3.22.23b to 3.23.35 on RedHat with kernel
2.4.0. I followed the instructions on the manual for the upgrade. Every
goes fine except I can't convert one table from ISAM to MYISAM.

I got quite a lot of tables and all can be converted successfully but
not this table. It contains > 3,000,000 rows, 80MB data file and 250MB
index file. I got following error message when I am converting the table
format:

mysql> alter table mytable type=MYISAM;
ERROR 3: Error writing file '/tmp/ST4kylYE' (Errcode: 28)

I also found following line by running "ls -al /proc/12121/fd" (12121 is
the pid of the mysqld):

lrwx------    1 root     root           64 Mar 28 12:25 17 ->
/tmp/ST4kylYE (deleted)

I had run isamcheck before the conversion and my /tmp got > 400MB disk
space.
Any one have idea what's going wrong?

Besides, I also have tables on other Linux machines with about 200MB
data and 2.0GB index file. Will there be any problem?

Pls Help. Thanks.

--
CH Tsang