Hi!

Let me try to restate my question and provide more information.

Running: Linux 2.2.16-3, Coldfusion 4.5, MySQL 3.23.33

Problem: "The connection to the data source failed. Check the following to
resolve this problem: ..."

Now, I get this error on one database called xprojects while I can get the
datasource to verify on the test database that came with mysql. i connect
to the test with no user and no password. I tried to set up the
permissions on the xprojects database like the test database.. but it
still didnt work.

I am assuming based upon what I have read about MySQL and Coldfusion that
this is a permissions issue.

For those that have this working what should the permissions be like and
could this be anything else?

Thanks,
-Tanya