On 3/29/01 7:29 AM, "Tim Bauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> Sorry for the stupid question, but are any of the distributions
> available out there for the newly released Mac OS X.
>
> I see two on MySQL download pages:
>
> MacOS X Server (PowerPC) [apple-rhapsody5.5-powerpc]
> 3.23.27 - MacOS X (PowerPC) [beta-apple-darwin1.2-powerpc]
>
> Will either of these work?  Also, does anyone know of other
> plans to update/port the current release?? I'm VERY eager to find an
> industrial strengh DB engine for Mac OS X and have
> several friends use MySQL on Windoze and other Unix??
>
> thanks for your time,
>
> Tim Bauer

You can download the source files for any of the versions above 3.23.27 (I
think) and compile them yourself.

Install the developer tools from the source CD that came with X.
Download the source for MySQL

Unpack the package
You will have to edit 1 file to make it compile on OS X

>From a a post by Paul Dubois:
> I installed Mac OS X on my iBook today and configured MySQL 3.23.24a
>      using exactly the same configure command.  It proceeded without
>      incident.  There was a problem compiling sql/mysqld.cc at line
>      1232:
>
>           sa.sa_handler=( void (*)() ) handle_segfault;
>
>      This has to be changed to:
>
>           sa.sa_handler=( void (*)(int) ) handle_segfault;
>                                    ^^^
>
>      Then the compile finished with no problems.
>
>From last Saturday
<http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:69436:200103:joidfilkihmmclll
koel>

Now, if someone can just convince the daemon to shutdown when asked
nicely...
;)