Hi.

Whether MySQL can benefit from several CPUs or not depends on whether
the OS you are going to use, can split threads to these CPUs.

I know Linux can (quite good, indeed). AFAIK, FreeBSD had a user space
threads implementation and therefore could not use multiple CPUs. I
cannot say, whether this still holds true. I can neither say about
other operating systems.

Bye,

        Benjamin.